What is Your Time Worth?
Have you ever lain awake after midnight trying to remember everything you need to do during the next week? It’s amazing how quickly and comfortably you go sleep after you’ve gotten up and made a list. A list is a stress reducer, as you see the big picture when you write your responsibilities down. Lists also provide a record of your efforts. And, when a task is done, you have the reward of checking items off as done.
Time Management Tools and Tips
- Set SMART Goals: Know the end game and measure your progress toward it. SMART goals are specific, measurable, and realistic, so you have a greater chance of achieving them and knowing when you’re going to get there.
- Make Daily To-Do Lists: Lists free your mind so you can focus on bigger, more important concepts or problems without carrying all that baggage around. They also help you organize your thoughts.
Additional tips and techniques:
- Prioritize: You may need to complete goals in a certain order, and this is especially true for tasks. Some tasks need to be accomplished immediately, others not. Learning the difference between urgent and important items may help.
- Avoid Procrastination: Procrastination often arises from fear of failure and being overwhelmed.
- Use Organizational and Planning Tools: Digitizing your files can help clear your desk. Use technology; it’s cheap and user friendly. In an upcoming post I will release list of suggested tools to use.
- Celebrate Small Achievements: When you’ve reached a milestone or goal, reward yourself.
Why Use Time Management?
Time management skills can help you balance conflicting demands on your time. Learning to better manage your time can help you:
- Relieve stress
- Maximize your accomplishments
- Track the tasks that lead to your goals
- Be more organized
Registration open for our September 20 webinar!
On September 20, SalesCocktail presents the one-hour event, “Sidecar September: Refine Your Pitch and Make Your Customer the Hero.” This webinar is free, but registration is required and limited to 25, so reserve your spot now! REGISTER HERE.
SalesCocktail: Discover today’s techniques and technologies to eliminate the digital divide for minority and woman-owned enterprises. Use technology to accelerate your sales, replicate daily tasks and manage your time!