Sales Best Practices, Part 3: Extra Credit
In wrapping up this three-part series, I leave you with seven additional best sales practices for small teams and teams of one!
1. Become a Person of Interest (POI)
The universe has a way of rewarding those who give of their time, talent, and treasures.
- Host a quarterly mastermind group
- Volunteer for panel discussions or keynote a local luncheon
- Write a blog (develop a brand)
- Lead local chamber interest groups
- Volunteer in the community
2. Distribute impactful content
Use this tactic to stay relevant and in front of current clients, past clients, and prospects.
- Send helpful articles to prospects and clients
- Write a blog
3. Create standard email templates
There is no need to reinvent the wheel every time you have to send a “thank you” or “proposal” email. Have templates that can be dragged and dropped on standby, such as:
- Previous client
- New client
- Met at a networking event
4. Block your time
Set recurring calendar events to handle:
- Proposal submissions
- Phone calls
- Updating your CRM
- Preparing for the next day or upcoming week
5. Seek continuing education opportunities
Great sales people read books, attend classes, and receive coaching. You don’t have to do all three, but continue to sharpen your skills (presentation, speech, body language, research, etc.)
6. Prioritize, Prioritize, Prioritize
At the end of each day, pause and prioritize your activities for the next day. By doing this, you will waste less time and effort on unimportant issues.
7. Set quarterly, monthly, and weekly targets
Track your progress in the following areas:
- Calls, emails, meetings
- Proposals submitted
- Sales projections
Don’t try to tackle these all at once. Choose one or two, and once you have mastered those, chose another one or two. Set yourself up to succeed!
- Sales Best Practices, Part 1: Prospect and Engage
- Sales Best Practices, Part 2: Acquire and Keep
- Three Steps to Beat the Holiday Sales Blues
- 6 Simple Sales Best Practices for Small Sales Teams
- The Sales Process, Part 2: Three Skills to Master Early
SalesCocktail: Discover today’s techniques and technologies to eliminate the digital divide for minority and woman-owned enterprises. Use technology to accelerate your sales, replicate daily tasks and manage your time!